I I See Elvis
I See Elvis Players Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caprica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    I See Elvis Forum Index -> Movies, Books, Music......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnClark
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Caprica Reply with quote

Just on the net:

Caprica.S01E00.Pilot.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD

Quote:

Release Date: 13-04-2009
Retail Date: 21-04-2009
Genre: Action / Drama / Sci-Fi

Source: R1 Retail DVD
Video: 624x352, XviD @ 23.976fps
Audio: ~128 avg VBR mp3
Subs: English / Spanish / French
Size: 700MB
Duration: ~90 mins
Link: www.imdb.com/title/tt1387739/

Caprica, the highly anticipated prequel to Battlestar Galactica, will enjoy its world premiere exclusively on DVD on April 21, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In a groundbreaking move sure to delight fans of the long-running television phenomenon, the feature-length prequel will be available on DVD as a limited-edition uncut and unrated version before the series' broadcast premiere on the

SCI FI Channel in 2010. Caprica is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (Battlestar Galactica) and Remi Aubuchon (24). Exclusive bonus features that take viewers behind the scenes of the creation of Caprica make this DVD a landmark event for any fan of Battlestar Galactica. The film will also be available at selected online destinations for digital download transactions.

As Battlestar Galactica wrapoped its gripping final season on SCI FI on March 20, 2009, Caprica begins a brand new epic saga that continues the franchise's commitment to thought-provoking storytelling and extraordinary characters. Set over 50 years before the events of "Battlestar Galactica," Caprica is a world at the peak of its power, grappling with new science and technologies and the issues they create. The series will star Golden Globe nominee Eric Stoltz (Mask, Pulp Fiction), Esai Morales ("Jericho," "NYPD Blue&quot, Paula Malcomson ("Deadwood" "ER&quot and Golden Globe nominee Polly Walker ("Cane," "Rome&quot in a story laced with passion, intrigue and family conflict.

"We are thrilled to take the groundbreaking step of offering the world-premiere of the Caprica feature-length extended pilot episode on DVD prior to the new series' television debut," said Hilary Hoffman, Senior Vice President, Brand and Digital Marketing for Universal Studios Home Entertainment. "This innovative distribution model will serve to satisfy 'Battlestar Galactica' fans' appetites for a new content while building excitement for the franchise's next great adventure."

"Ever since fans first caught wind of the 'Battlestar Galactica' prequel Caprica, they have been eagerly following its development," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Programming for SCI FI & Co-Head Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. "We wanted to give them a chance to see the pilot in its original form and experience the prequel to the BSG story while that series' finale was still ringing in their ears. It also affords the creative team an unprecedented chance to get viewers feedback before production on the Caprica series begins this summer."

"If 'Battlestar Galactica' offered us a way to shatter the conventions of space opera, Caprica will be a show which will challenge the conventions of science fiction storytelling as a whole," said Ronald D. Moore, Executive Producer/Writer.

"Part sweeping soap, part meditation on the dangerous moral ramifications of artificial intelligence, this is a truly unique opportunity to continue telling stories which will be as daring and shocking as the best of 'Galactica' -- and yet will be altogether different from 'Galactica,'" said David Eick, Executive Producer.

Universal Cable Productions will begin production on the Caprica series in the summer of 2009 in Vancouver for a 2010 television premiere on the SciFi Channel.
The DVD of Caprica is priced at $26.98 S.R.P. Preorder close is March 3, 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/v/sQlhlHwXjj0

http://www.youtube.com/v/U579zHUkP8Q

Gatekeeper
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed this post JC.
Is this movie worth the download?
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to watch it with subs, none yet, so didnt see it until the subs are there. (need to have subs because of family interruptions Smile )

Looks more like a real family drama to me, cant say until you saw it!

Gatekeeper
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like Coronation Street in space.

I'll give the pilot a shot and see if I like it.
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatekeeper wrote:
Sounds a bit like Coronation Street in space.

I'll give the pilot a shot and see if I like it.

Sorry its realy boring
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the series started, with the same episode as the pilot from last year Confused

Gatekeeper
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wait for episode 2 then.
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt watch one episode, could always do it later, but now this

Quote:

Caprica is toast.
Syfy has announced that the low-rated Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.

“The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,” said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”

“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,” said Mark Stern, EVP of Original Programming at Syfy. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”

The news comes less than a week after Syfy unveiled plans for another Galactica prequel, this one set 10 years into the first Cylon war.

think there were at least enough people who didnt like it Confused

Gatekeeper
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't very good JC. I watched half of the first episode and didn't bother again.
Need To Get Out More !
Need To Get Out More !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have watched it all, it started to get going by the end of the first half, but hasnt really got off to a flying start in the second half. I'm surprised it even came back on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    I See Elvis Forum Index -> Movies, Books, Music...... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: